Nubay was founded as a non-profit to provide a social benefit. The concept came from a recognition that too many non-profit organizations are unable to fully take advantage of technology in pursuit of their missions. Software implementation can be challenging for well funded commercial organizations. Many non-profits, hampered by limited budgets and tech experience find themselves in a never ending cycle of failed projects, costly mistakes and ongoing inefficiencies.
Yet solutions are possible and affordable. The revolution in the cost and access of cloud hosting and high quality open source applications have opened up new possibilities. The only missing ingredient is providing cost effective, trusted expertise. Nubay was formed as a non-profit organization to solve this problem.
These are the core principles that guide our organization in addressing this need:
- Our mission is to use our technology skills and experience to help non-profit organizations.
- Our first priority will always be the successful use of appropriate technologies by our clients.
- We will measure ourselves by increased effectiveness for our clients.
- We are to be a trusted partner for our clients. Our judgments on their behalf should never be affected by a Nubay focused motivation.
- We believe in the effective combination of tools and expertise. We are biased towards the use of open-source applications for reasons identified.
- We will use technologies that are low cost but never at the expense of quality or effectiveness.
- We understand that every dollar we save our clients is another dollar that can be used for their core missions. Every hour we save our clients is an hour that can be applied to their core missions.